In Bengaluru, the technology hub of India, Sanjeevani has been working in association with the Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology (KMIO) to assist cancer patients and thus raise the bar for onco-care in India.
Through our various programs being run with the help of our local volunteers, over 481 patients have been aided between April 2019 and March 2020.
Active Programs include :
1. CanSahyogi: Handholding and Counselling sessions in hospital premises for the cancer patients of KMIO.
2. CanChetna: A program meant to create awareness in the various schools, colleges, universities and communities of Bengaluru, about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
Special Activities :
1. Hand sanitizers and face-protection masks were distributed amongst the staff and patients of KMIO in light of the precautions needed to be taken due to COVID-19.
1. The occasions of Diwali and Christmas were celebrated with our patients at KMIO to help them deal with the absence of their families around them during times of festival celebrations.
2. International Women's Day was celebrated at the AIMS Institute in Bengaluru, with a focus on increasing awareness about the types of cancer affecting women and educating them on steps to prevent the same.
Our SLBC Team in Bangalore are
1. Ulhas Chowkimane
To get in touch with our team you can write to us at [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800