Research Report : An assessment of the impact of Sanjeevani life beyond cancer’s Integrated Cancer Care Management Program
A non-profit academic research institution consisting of a team of dedicated research authors, Monk Prayogshala works in the areas of psychological and economic academic research by employing robust research software, databases, and management tools. Ensuring the follow-up of thorough processes in the development of their research proposals, the institution always adheres to ethical considerations prescribed by international organizations. The research personnel boast of a slew of sound academic research backgrounds and are graduates from premier universities in India and abroad.
Objectives of the study
1. Examining the effects of the wellness program - Satori, in the patients' lives
2. Testing the feasibility of the program's long-term effects for the patients
3. Evaluating the patients' response towards the overall quality of care experienced during the program
The impact assessment was carried out by employing quantitative surveys and qualitative interviews with participants of four concurrent batches who were beneficiaries of the Satori Wellness program itself. When evaluated, the participants reported the following:
1. Lower negative Affect
2. Improved physical, cognitive & social functioning
3. Lower stress concerning finances
4. Lower physical pain and discomfort
5. Improvement in overall physical and mental health
6. High satisfaction with the overall quality of care
The results of the assessment showed that the participants experienced a better understanding of the feelings of people around them and felt more in control of their emotions. Through the various facets of the 36-session program such as Psychotherapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Meditation, Yoga, Art-Based Therapy, Dance Movement Therapy, Reflexology and Nutrition, patients gained physical as well as mental benefits that stayed with them in the long run. They were also encouraged to adopt better food habits and ample exercising to move on to a healthier lifestyle.
- Log in to post comments