Best known as one of the royal cities of Rajasthan, the city of Bikaner has our organization working in collaboration with the Acharya Tulsi Cancer Treatment & Research Centre (ATCTRC).
From April 2019 to July 2022, more than 10,955 people have availed access to holistic cancer care with the help of our on-going programs.
Active Programs include:
- CanSahyogi: Involves handholding and counseling sessions carried in hospital premises for each and every cancer patient of ATCTRC.
- CanChetna: A program meant to create awareness in various schools, colleges, universities and communities of Bikaner about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
- Satori: A holistic care initiative started for the wellness of cancer patients in July 2018. Through this program, our SLBC Bikaner team has reached out to over 2900 cancer patients till date.
- CanAhaar: Nutritional Supplement Program for underprivileged cancer patients
Helping patients meet their nutritional needs by providing them with essential nutrition boxes is the sole objective of this program.
- CanSaarthi: Through this program, we offer a certified and professional cancer caregivers' course with a preference for cancer victors themselves. It has seen the successful completion of three batches till date (phidigital format), which resulted in graduates.
- Starting a Clothes Bank for cancer patients from economically weaker backgrounds.
- Setting up of a Toy Bank to uplift the moods of children battling cancer.
- Distributing blankets and utensils among underprivileged cancer patients.
- World Cancer Day was organized with the aim of creating awareness about cancer-care and to eradicate the stigma associated with cancer.
- International Women's Day was celebrated with a focus on increasing awareness about the types of cancer affecting women and educating them on steps to prevent the same.
- Holi and Diwali festivals were celebrated with cancer patients at ATCTRC to help them deal with the idea of staying away from their homes and avoid feeling lonely about it.
- Children's Day was celebrated with children battling cancer to take their minds off the painful side of dealing with their illnesses.
Awards and Recognition:
Abhishek Joshi, Coordinator at SLBC (Bikaner), was awarded the 'Main Hoon Na' (Most Dependable Person) award at 2019's Golden Angel Awards.
Our Team members are
1. Abhishek Joshi - Program Coordinator
Our Intervention in the above hospital is supported through a grant by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
To get in touch with our team you can write to us at [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800