Our work in the pink city of Rajasthan, Jaipur, is the fruition of our alliance with the Oncology Department of Sawai Man Singh Medical College & Hospital (SMSMCH).
From April 2019 and November 2022, more than 17,802 cancer patients have availed access to holistic cancer care with the help of our on-going programs.
Active Programs include:
- CanSahyogi: Handholding and Counselling sessions in hospital premises for cancer patients in need.
- Satori: This holistic care initiative meant for the wellness of cancer patients was started in SMSMCH in September 2019 and has helped more than 100 patients as of today.
- CanSaarthi: Through this program, we offer a certified and professional cancer caregivers' course with a preference for cancer victors themselves. It has seen the successful completion of 3 batches (phidigital format), which resulted in graduates.
- CanChetna: A program meant to spread awareness in various schools, colleges, universities, and communities of Jaipur about the importance of adopting a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
- CanAhaar: Nutritional Supplement Program for underprivileged cancer patients
Helping patients meet their nutritional needs by providing them with essential nutrition boxes is the sole objective of this program
- Providing Mastectomy kits to breast cancer patients post-surgery.
- Arranging medicines for patients in need in emergency situations.
- Providing free lunch for patients before their chemotherapy sessions.
- Starting a Clothes Bank for cancer patients from economically weaker backgrounds.
- Providing blankets with covers to Radiotherapy wards in SMSMCH.
- Holi, Diwali, Christmas and Basant Panchami festivals were celebrated with our cancer patients to help them deal with the idea of staying away from their homes and avoid feeling lonely about it.
- International Women's Day was celebrated with a focus on increasing awareness about the types of cancer affecting women and educating them on steps to prevent the same.
- World No Tobacco Day was celebrated to raise awareness among youngsters and adults on how consumption of tobacco can lead to cancer.
- Celebrated Friendship Day to strengthen our message of how being together and fighting cancer as one community can empower us to feel better and heal faster.
- A unique 'Sawan' program was celebrated to motivate children battling cancer.
Our Team Members are
1. Archita Verma - Program Coordinator
2. Angana Goswami - Sr. Program Executive
3. Beena Yadav - Program Executive
4. Indira Devi - Sr. Counselor
|Our Intervention in the above hospital is supported through a grant by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited|
To get in touch with our team you can write to us on [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800