In the city of Joy, Kolkata, SLBC has tied up with the Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) to support as many cancer patients as we can.
Beginning in 2018 by helping 5,310 patients and then 7,455 patients in the year 2019, the Kolkata chapter has been brimming with a high number of cancer victors praises and stories. So much so that the year 2020 has seen more than 2,853 patients being assisted as of today.
Active Programs include:
- CanSahyogi: Handholding and Counselling sessions in hospital premises for cancer patients of CNCI.
- CanChetna: A program meant to create awareness in various schools, colleges, universities and communities of Bikaner about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
- Arranging fund campaigns to aid our on-going programs.
- World No Tobacco Day was celebrated to raise awareness among communities on how consumption of tobacco can lead to cancer.
- The benefits of practising Yoga on a daily basis were passed on to people by celebrating International Yoga Day.
- Rakhi Utsav was celebrated to spread the idea of building and sustaining a sense of brotherhood in the battle against cancer.
- Children's Day was celebrated with children undergoing cancer treatment to take their minds off the painful side of dealing with their illnesses.
- The onset of Christmas week was celebrated with cancer patients to make them feel at home.
- World Cancer Day was organized with the aim of creating awareness about cancer-care and to eradicate the stigma associated with cancer.
- International Women's Day was celebrated with a focus on increasing awareness about the types of cancer affecting women and educating them on steps to prevent the same.
Our Team Members are
1. Sudip Das - Sr. Counselor
2. Tumpa Pachal - Sr. Counselor
3. Arindam Bose - Jr. Counselor
4. Moumita Biswas - Jr. Counselor
Our Intervention in the above hospital is supported through a grant by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
To get in touch with our team you can write to us at [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800