In a bustling commercial hub full of kind-hearted and fun-loving Amdavadis, our Ahmedabad Chapter was initiated in collaboration with the Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute (GCRI)
Over the past three years, over 8716 people have availed access to holistic cancer care with the help of our ongoing programs.
Active programs include:
- CanSahyogi: Handholding and Counselling sessions in hospital premises for cancer patients in need.
- Satori: A holistic care initiative that focuses on the complete well-being of cancer patients. Started on 4th April 2018, our Ahmedabad Chapter has extended its reach to almost 650 patients.
- CanSaarthi: Through this program, we offer a certified and professional cancer caregivers' course with a preference for cancer victors themselves. It has seen the successful completion of two batches till date (physical mode) & 3 batches (phidigital format), which resulted in graduates.
- CanChetna: A program meant to create awareness in various schools, colleges, universities, and communities of Ahmedabad about the need to adopt a healthy lifestyle to prevent cancer and the importance of early detection for higher chances of survival.
- CanAhaar: Nutritional Supplement Program for underprivileged cancer patients
Helping patients meet their nutritional needs by providing them with essential nutrition boxes is the sole objective of this program.
- Providing breakfast for all participants at the Wellness Centre.
- Offering daily check-ups and other necessities every month in the pediatric ward.
- Starting a Clothes Bank for cancer patients from economically weaker backgrounds.
- Supplying protein powder to patients in need of it.
- Organizing Laughter Yoga programs at least two to three times every year.
- Arranging monetary aid to patients in need through our Donor initiatives.
Awards and Recognition:
- Ms. Disha Tripathi (Former State Coordinator, Team Ahmedabad), bagged the ‘Aao Sahbhagi Bane’ award for fundraising and collaborations at 2019's Golden Angel Awards.
- The Ahmedabad SLBC team also won the ‘Best Team - Runner Up’ award at 2019's Golden Angel Awards.
Our Team Members are:
1. Ila Vora - Program Coordinator
2. Krishna Mali - Sr. Counsellor
3. Hina Meghwal - Sr. Counsellor
Our Intervention in the above hospitals is supported through a grant by Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
To get in touch with our team you can write to us at [email protected] or Call us on our #Sanjeevani_India_Helpline - 8691000800